Our trained staff can:
- Identify the challenges faced when identifying and treating Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
- Describe the symptoms and understand the differential diagnosis of prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorders and psychosis.
- Discuss psychopharmacology as it relates to pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation.
- Assess prenatal and postpartum risk factors.
- Assess for Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
- Identify treatment options for PMADs.
- Discuss breastfeeding and PMADs.
- Develop psychosocial and self-help treatment plans as well as appropriate psychotherapy techniques and alternative therapies
- State appropriate psychotherapy modalities.
- Indicate consequences of untreated Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
- Discuss effects and consequences on partners.
- Identify social support, legislative changes, and community resources, including how to set up support groups and offer social support.
- Discuss cultural differences and PMADs.
- Discuss spirituality and PMADs
For support during the perinatal period, visit: https://www.
Our annual Maternal Health Forum is held in August of each year.
2018: Latched on to Maternal Health
2019: Meeting Moms Where They Are https://www.etsu.edu/com/cme/maternal_health_2019.php